Thursday, September 8, 2011

I'm a little peeved at the moment. I've mentioned before that I am supposed to start a new job on Monday, but as of right now I have received zero details about said start date.

Actually, let's back up a little bit. I interviewed for this job mid-July (July!). The interview went really well and I was told that if I was offered the job that training would start mid-August(!). The background check went smoothly, and then all of a sudden there was a major hold up. What was this hold up? Well, they wanted to verify the salary I was making at my previous job. First they asked for a pay stub, which I didn't have since I always viewed them online and lost access to them when I left my last job. So they said that a W2 would be fine. I immediately sent the W2. Well TWO WEEKS LATER I find out the W2 isn't sufficient because the salary I listed was an annual full time salary, while my W2 reflected the fact that I worked part time. As soon as I found out they needed more documentation I sent it over. But all the time added up and it's now mid September.

When they called last Thursday to offer me the job they said they would be sending the offer letter and that I needed to get a drug test. I got the test that day. I have yet to receive the offer letter though. Or to hear from them about where I need to go on my first day. I'm just really stressed and worried they are going to push back my start date. I'm so tired of sitting around doing nothing, I really just want to go to work. I called my HR contact today and left a message, haven't heard anything yet.

I'm also going through the lovely process of being "certified fit" to sit for the GA bar. Ugh. Nice having people comb through every aspect of my life. Just lovely.

Okay. I'm going to wake up tomorrow in a better mood. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment